Here are the steps for using the bathroom with my daughter’s “help.” It’s not for the faint of heart. Can anyone else relate to my plight?
- Shut the bathroom door for some privacy, leaving one-year-old in hall. Meltdown occurs.
- Promptly open door and allow her to enter the bathroom.
- Sit on toilet and place foot in path between toddler and trash can.
- Do your business and use whatever toilet paper is left after toddler has undone the roll throughout the bathroom.
- Pull up pants and flush while toddler attempts to splash in toilet.
- Wash toddler’s hands.
- Wash your own hands while holding the bathroom cupboard closed with your right knee and the toilet seat closed with your left foot.
- Make mental note to buy more baby-proofing supplies next time you’re at Target.
- Put toddler on floor and hold her between knees while you wash your own hands and she wiggles and wails.
- Exit the bathroom with a sigh. By now you have to go again.