The weather is going to be cold here this weekend. We have a Christmas party to attend and I am in dire need of a pedicure and hair trim, but then it’s all about curling up with a blanket and one of these gems.
5. Love Actually: This is a beautiful movie. It has drama, romance, and comedy courtesy of Bill Nighy’s hilarious performance as the washed-up rock star trying to resurface with a holiday hit.
4. Elf: You’re a cotton-headed ninny muggins if you don’t like Elf. This is my husband’s favorite and it always puts a smile on my face.
3. Home Alone: I am old enough to remember when this movie was released in theatres and I talked my family into taking me twice because I loved it so much. Kevin outsmarts Harry and Marv in the most hilarious ways. Keep the change, you filthy animals.
2. The Family Stone: I went to this movie in the theatre by myself when I was just out of college and living away from my family at Christmas time. The all-star cast is reason enough to watch it, but the underlying theme is how, even as adults, we all kind of return to our childish ways when we go home at Christmas. Craig T. Nelson is absolutely perfect as the father.
1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: This television special is an all-time classic. It celebrated its 50th birthday last year and is still going strong. My daughter loves the music, so we’ll be watching this several times this season.
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
(All images from rottentomatoes.com)