Can anyone else relate to this? I am married to a guy with a love for hunting, and I happen to dislike most wild game.
These venison breakfast burritos are the answer! My husband and daughter love them, and it is a great way for me to enjoy venison as well, at least occasionally.
I start by browning some sausage. The venison is so lean, it doesn’t require draining.
Then I add taco seasoning and a little water. I dump mine in without measuring, but it is probably about two tablespoons of seasoning and two tablespoons of water.
Then I add six beaten eggs.
I like to add a can of black beans.
Garnish with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, salsa, and sour cream. Serve on warm tortilla shells.
Happy New Year!
- 1 pound ground venison sausage (you can use any kind of sausage)
- 1 can of black beans
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla shells
- Salsa and sour cream
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, draining if necessary.
- Beat six eggs in a separate bowl.
- When sausage is fully cooked, add taco seasoning and water according to package directions.
- Add raw eggs to sausage and cook through, just a couple minutes.
- Add black beans and cook an additional minute or two.
- Serve on warm tortilla shells with plenty of shredded cheddar, green onions, salsa, and sour cream.