Hot summer days call for refreshing, yet satisfying dinners. We have been in a salad mood at our house and trying to come up with new combinations. My husband made an amazing steak salad for lunch Sunday so I tried to top that with this creation.
The savory roasted shrimp and crumbled feta balance out the sweetness of the fresh strawberries.
I like the Olde Thompson Fish and Seafood Seasoning to give the shrimp plenty of flavor. You can find it at most grocery stores. I bought this at Target.
Chopped shallots add flavor to the easy vinaigrette.
Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper round out the vinaigrette.
I use feta a lot. It is rich and creamy.
This is a perfect dinner for a hot summer night. Cheers to August!
- About 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil to coat shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- Seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Greens (I used romaine)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Toss as much raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp as you like in olive oil and season. I used Olde Thompson Fish and Seafood Seasoning, available at Target.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: Whisk together a tablespoon of chopped shallot, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of water, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, and a little salt and pepper.
- Arrange greens on plates. Cover with sliced strawberries and crumbled feta.
- When shrimp is cooked and cools for a minute, arrange it on the salad.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!