I love these cookies. They’re healthy because of the oatmeal, right? I didn’t photograph a play-by-play on this one, but I have made these a couple of times in the last few weeks. They’re easy and will disappear quickly!
I found the recipe in a Land-O-Lakes ad. Fancy, right? Make these and you won’t be sad you did.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla and beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, a couple of inches apart, on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 11 minutes and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a minute before removing to a cooling rack.