Norman turns 10 today so it was only natural that his sisters and I made cupcakes for our celebration. This banana and peanut butter cupcake recipe is delicious and safe for dogs, and, well, OK, for us humans, too. The main thing is that the birthday boy enjoyed his.
This recipe was adapted from a few different ones I found online. I like that it makes just 5 regular-size cupcakes. They’re definitely a little bland for us humans, but Norm gobbled them right up. The girls actually devoured theirs, too. I think that was due to the cream cheese frosting on top.
I used canned cream cheese frosting for these cupcakes, but scraped almost all of Norm’s frosting off before serving it to him. There are a lot of decent pet-friendly frosting recipes online, too. Happy birthday, dear boy. You really, really need a haircut, but we love you so much anyway.
- 1/2 cup plain white flour ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, mashed banana, egg, and water until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon into a muffin pan lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before topping with frosting of your choice, or leave plain for your pooch.